{E0!} Clan Forum
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]

• Page 1 of 1
{E0!} Clan Forum » The Lounge » Suggestions » The server is frankly ass at the moment
The server is frankly ass at the moment
ShiverwarpDate: Sunday, 2007-07-29, 2:15 AM | Message # 1
LGU Leader
Respect: 2
First, 33 tick. This probably can't be changed because of a bad comp, or money issues. It still is poo though.
Playing the same round twice bug in cracked = bad. It's a ridiculously simple fix. Just go to mani_server.cfg

// This cvar slays players who are killed during a CSS round then leave and
// rejoin the server in the same round then spawn to play the same round
// more than once. 0 = Disabled, 1 = Enabled
mani_anti_rejoin 0

Change that to zero.

The spam filter is bad. It restricts people who can type more than 2 words per minute. You get "STOP SPAMMING THE SERVER!!!" when trying to correct a mistake immediately after.

The ping kick sample rate is far too low. You get kicked immediately upon joining sometimes. (you have a large ping when first joining servers while you cache and such) If you set the sample rate to about 45 this will be fixed, and people with large pings will be kicked.

That brings me to the next point: Ping rate is far too huge. I understand if you want to let people in with 300 ping (well not really, but it's your choice) but 600? It's ridiculous.

Low raters: You seem to have a surplus of people who think it's fun to ruin other people's reg by setting their cmdrate to 5 and running around like they're attached to an elastic band.

Simple plugin to fix it: http://forums.mattie.info/cs/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2763

If you don't want to do that, for whatever reasons, get more admins. You have 4 admins for a 16 player server. The server is un manned about 60% of the time or so.

Anyway, just some constructive criticism. Hopefully you'll fix some problems.

P.S. Change the godawful Thread subject font color, I can't even read what I'm typing.

LGU Smokehouse- Cracked Counter-strike: Source server

bobdoleDate: Sunday, 2007-07-29, 5:23 AM | Message # 2
Soldier
Respect: 1
I agree, these all would be good changes for the server. When i lan with a friend he constantly gets that same round twice bug on your server. I've had problems with all the other stuff you listed as well.

ClintonDate: Sunday, 2007-07-29, 10:21 AM | Message # 3
th3 g0d

Juggernaut

Respect: 13
Quote (Shiverwarp)
First, 33 tick. This probably can't be changed because of a bad comp, or money issues. It still is poo though.

Money is everything, if people would donate, then this would happen. wink

Quote (Shiverwarp)
// This cvar slays players who are killed during a CSS round then leave and // rejoin the server in the same round then spawn to play the same round // more than once. 0 = Disabled, 1 = Enabled mani_anti_rejoin 0

Change that to zero.

I changed that a week ago, when is the last time you came to our server? sad

Quote (Shiverwarp)
The ping kick sample rate is far too low. You get kicked immediately upon joining sometimes. (you have a large ping when first joining servers while you cache and such) If you set the sample rate to about 45 this will be fixed, and people with large pings will be kicked.

I can do that

Quote (Shiverwarp)
That brings me to the next point: Ping rate is far too huge. I understand if you want to let people in with 300 ping (well not really, but it's your choice) but 600? It's ridiculous.

The reason why its so high is because when people first join, their pings are high, so i figured make the ping kicker 600 and if there are any laggers i will kick them myself.

Quote (Shiverwarp)
Low raters: You seem to have a surplus of people who think it's fun to ruin other people's reg by setting their cmdrate to 5 and running around like they're attached to an elastic band.

Simple plugin to fix it: http://forums.mattie.info/cs/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2763

Ill look into that

Quote (Shiverwarp)
P.S. Change the godawful Thread subject font color, I can't even read what I'm typing.

Glasses maybe? tongue

HydraDate: Sunday, 2007-07-29, 10:43 PM | Message # 4
Juggernaut
Respect: 6
this is gewd ideas!

Sam_xXxDate: Monday, 2007-07-30, 8:00 PM | Message # 5
Am Paranoia

Juggernaut

Respect: 17
Shiverwarp, thanks, a lot of good stuff,

CSIT = Counter Strike Intelligence™

BangunsDate: Friday, 2007-08-03, 3:18 AM | Message # 6
Juggernaut
Respect: 5
sry i dont have money to donate

killer kitty watches all
Make It Sexy!

{E0!} Clan Forum » The Lounge » Suggestions » The server is frankly ass at the moment
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright {E0!} Clan © 2024